Monitor Your Online Reputation
At Fletcher Prince, we use Google Alerts and Yahoo alerts to track and respond to online mentions about our company and employees. Here are some resources to consider as you monitor your brand online.
NY Public Relations Examiner Anna de Souza has created this handy list of links for monitoring your brand online. Here are the free online services. Read the entire article, including a list of fee-based monitoring services.
- Google Alerts: Likely the number one service for tracking keywords or phrases on the WWW. It’s recommended you place your keywords in quotes to filter through more precisely.
- Yahoo Alerts: Works similarly to Google, but may catch some additional webpages.
- Technorati.com: Offers real-time search for user-generated media (blogs, etc.). Also lists the top 100 blogs on the web.
- Nielsen’s BuzzMetrics’ BlogPulse.com: An automated trend discovery system for blogs tracked by trusted Nielsen. It analyzes and reports on daily activity in the blogosphere.
- BoardTracker.com: Tracks all threads on forums and boards and offers email and instant message alerts on relevant discussions!
- Keotag.com: Very cool service that allows you to search keywords on YouTube, Yahoo, Technorati, Twitter and much more in one fell swoop.