Create a short and readable crisis plan.
It should be 3 pages MAX- Think about it, members have to be able to read and implement the plan quickly during a crisis. Outline all possible crises. Create four or five main messages for each possible crisis scenario. Clearly state the crisis strategy, including what actions to take for each possible crisis . Include:
- The names of public spokespersons and members of crisis team.
- A list of home, office, and cell phone numbers of all crisis team members.
- The person who will brief your staff on the problem as soon as possible.
- Statements, fact sheets, template letters, and news releases that address the most likely crises.
- Phone numbers for all possible suppliers, partners, investors, and subcontractors who might be involved or will want to know about the situation.