5 reasons to join Fletcher Prince on Facebook
Posted by Mary Fletcher Jones
Goal: develop a vibrant, fun, and familiar community revolving around creative and affordable marketing tips on Facebook
Like many small businesses, Fletcher Prince has a Fan Page on Facebook. Of course, we hope that the Page will create business for our company, but that’s not the sole purpose for its existence.
We also use it as a way to share what we know with our online network of communicators, small business owners, professionals, and nonprofit managers. So, the Facebook Page features updates from this blog (Notes tab) and videos (YouTube tab).
However, now we’re thinking this could really be a community in a sense that the Fans also contribute what they know. The permission settings on the Facebook Page are open so that Fans can freely post comments, photos, and video.
Last year, we experimented with a couple of engagement strategies, including a Twitter background contest. This year, we’re hoping to have a few more fun contests, and also offer some discounts, exclusively for our Facebook Fans. We’re taking a close look at other Facebook Pages to learn how they are engaging their Fans. This is important learning not just for Fletcher Prince, but also for our clients, for whom we set up Facebook Pages.
Here are five good reasons to join the Fletcher Prince Facebook Page…
- Save with discounts and special offers exclusively for Facebook Fans.
- Innovate with creative and affordable marketing tips published each week in our Notes section.
- Learn the new essentials of marketing with blogs,Twitter, and YouTube in our Facebook how-to videos.
- Share your marketing ideas, questions, best practices, links, photos, and video in an open forum.
- Network with Fletcher Prince’s online community of Fans, including local small business owners, nonprofit managers, and communicators. Our Fans are the best!
How Can We Improve Our Facebook Page?
We’re trying to think of some new features and fun ways we can encourage our Fans to interact with the content on the page and with each other. Do you have any suggestions for how we can make our Facebook Fan Page even better? Please post them in the comments, and thank you for your feedback!