Is radio right for your brand?
The Nielsen Company released a report, How U.S. Adults Use Radio & Other Forms of Audio: an Observational Study.
The researchers discovered
• More than 90% of all adults are exposed to some form of audio media on a daily basis, on average 165 minutes per day.
• Broadcast radio dominates other forms of radio in terms of reach and daily minutes used.
– Highest reach and usage levels at home, work & car
– A high percentage of those who use other sources of audio, such as portable audio (e.g., iPods), also have high exposure to broadcast radio.
• Portable Audio Devices (e.g., iPods) reach just under 12% of the total sample in this study, increasing to 20% among 18-34 year olds.
• Among key “advertising-based” media platforms — including television, Internet (excluding email), newspapers, and magazines, broadcast radio (18%) is second only to live television (67%) in terms of daily reach and minutes of use.