A blog for your business or nonprofit
Why Use Blogs?
- Blogs are a quick and easy way to tell information about your company online (such as achievements, research, helpful tips, awards, new products and services) and you don’t need to know how to use coding to do it.
- Blogs are versatile. You can share images, links, audio, and video on your blog.
- If your competitors are blogging, you should, too. If they’re not blogging, congratulations! You’ve just differentiated your company by deciding to blog.
- Blogs dramatically increase the search engine optimization of your web site.
- Blogs foster trust in your company or organization.
- Blogs help you establish your subject matter expertise.
- Reporters love blogs. Blogs help the media learn more about your company.
- Blogs can help you build relationships with influential people online who can help your company, or generate sales leads.
- Blogs are one way to obtain useful feedback and suggestions from your customers or members.
- Blogs can help ameliorate the impact of negative online reviews or criticisms of your company or organization.
Harness the power of blogs…
Discover how to use blogs effectively for your company, government agency, nonprofit organization, membership association, or volunteer group. This is what Fletcher Prince can do for you.
- Set up a WordPress account.
- Create your WordPress profile and gravatar.
- Customize comment moderation settings.
- Select a theme, title, and widgets.
- Post content, images, and video.
- Use the blog tool bar to add bullets, change typeface, and add links.
- Add categories and tags for search engine optimization.
- Create Pages and tab navigation.
- Schedule posts for later publication.
- Blog administration best practices.
- Promote your blog on Twitter and Facebook.
- An Introduction to Blogging
- Mary Fletcher Jones describes how companies and nonprofit organizations can use blogs, and provides blog composition tips.