How to Promote Your Facebook Page and Get More Fans
Hey Fletcher Prince friends! Here are some ideas for promoting your Facebook Page so you can get more followers, including ideas for promoting your Page on Facebook, elsewhere online, and offline.
Promoting Your Facebook Page to Facebook Users
1. Post an update on your personal Facebook profile that your company now has a Facebook Page and encourage your Facebook friends to join.
2. Click “Suggest to Friends” (left sidebar) and suggest to employees, close friends and close relatives who are your friends on Facebook.
3. When you obtain 25 fans, you can get a custom Facebook URL to make your page easier to find in search engine results.
4. Offer special deals or events exclusively for Facebook Fans (when you start to get a sizeable number).
5. Look into targeted Facebook advertising for your Page (inexpensive)
Promoting the Facebook Page Elsewhere Online
1. Put the Facebook icon/We’re on Facebook badge on your company website, with link to your Facebook Page
2. Insert a link to your Facebook Page in your email signature “Join us on Facebook” or “Join [insert name of company] on Facebook”
3. Insert Facebook icon and link on your email messages and newsletters to customers
4. List your Facebook URL on your Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google, and Yelp business profiles.
5. Post updates on Twitter linking to your posted Facebook Page content, such as videos, notes. All Facebook Page content is public.
Promoting your Facebook Page Offline
1. Send a press release to local media announcing that your company is on Facebook. Offer an interview to talk about social media and your industry with local business reporters. If there are few companies in your category on Facebook, this just might work. For example, we just created a Facebook Page for a construction company, and very few construction companies are actively using social media.
2. Inform your Chambers of Commerce; local business groups that your company is on Facebook; ask for links (if desired)
3. Create signs, stickers, and tent cards announcing that your company is on Facebook and display them prominently in public spaces of your business or company.
4. Print Facebook buttons for your staff to wear, if this is appropriate for your company.
5. Put a Facebook icon on your business cards when you get them reprinted
6. Include a Facebook icon or call to action to join on your print advertisements
7. Print “Join [insert name of company] on Facebook” on print correspondence, e.g. envelopes, billing statements
8. Have your employees mention that your company is on Facebook during customer interactions, events, and presentations, if and when that is appropriate.
Use Fletcher Prince to Promote Your Facebook Page!
If you have a Facebook Page, please post your address in the comments of this post so we can follow it! If you are a Fan of the Fletcher Prince Facebook Page, I will also Favorite your Facebook Page on the Fletcher Prince Facebook Page. THANK YOU for suggesting the Fletcher Prince Facebook Page to your friends who you think will enjoy it.
Have more ideas? List them in the comments!
Posted on June 8, 2010, in Facebook Tips and tagged Facebook Pages, Fletcher Prince, How to get more Facebook Page fans, Marketing with Facebook, Mary Fletcher Jones. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.