How to Use YouTube Video For Your PR Firm
If you work for a public relations agency, or you are an independent public relations consultant, I am sure you appreciate the tremendous value of YouTube video to you and your clients.
Producing video at Fletcher Prince is one of our favorite services, and we feel fortunate to have several PR practitioners as clients.
Making YouTube Video Work for Your Public Relations Firm or Practice
Since YouTube video is becoming more important for marketing and public relations every day, I’d like to review some of the reasons why it is essential for PR firms and consultants to develop a branded YouTube Channel, as well as some common pitfalls to avoid.
Let’s look at the many good reasons why a PR practice would elect to develop a YouTube Channel and YouTube videos:
- Tell the story of who you are, what you can do, and what you have done in a way only video can do. People may not read your website, but they WILL watch your video.
- Enhance recognition and foster trust for your practice among potential clients and partners who view your videos.
- Increase search engine results for your name brand, staff names, and industry keywords. Twenty-five percent of all Google search processes through YouTube.
- Exemplify how you use YouTube for marketing and public relations to your clients who will also want to make the most of YouTube (credibility).
- Showcase a portfolio of videos and Channels you have produced for your clients on your Channel, through links and playlists (demonstrated results).
- Display convincing video client testimonials (trust).
- Present your subject matter expertise on public relations-related topics, particularly for your niche areas of practice (credibility and differentiation).
At Fletcher Prince, we work with clients to create YouTube video plans, including identifying goals and target audiences, developing editorial and production calendars, and planning for promotion, integration, and optimization.
We also develop branded and optimized YouTube Channels and produce affordable, reputation-building videos for public relations firms and practitioners.
Would you like to meet with us to discuss a makeover of your YouTube Channel, or to help with creating a video production plan that works for your firm or independent practice? Just ask us!
Posted on June 9, 2011, in Client/Agency Relationship, Marketing Tips, Public Relations Tips, YouTube Video Tips and tagged Business, Facebook, Fletcher Prince YouTube video production, Marketing and Advertising, public relations, Video, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.