The Best Website Service for Small Businesses
Part of what I do at Fletcher Prince is create affordable websites for clients. I also build them for my own projects. I use website solutions marketed to small business owners, so I can focus on the content and design.
You know, often I find simple is better. Most businesses and nonprofits I work with need a website that does the job, looks attractive, is easy to update, and gets found in search engine results. In my experience, no other website content management and hosting system does that better than Yahoo Small Business.
I have experimented with the offerings from Yahoo Small Business, Network Solutions, and Verizon Small Business, as well as WordPress.com and WordPress.org (for blog-style websites with Page navigation).
Hands down, the best solution I have tested is Yahoo Small Business. It works well with Macs, it offers terrific SEO, and is quite affordable. It’s perfect for individuals, nonprofits, small businesses, and anyone who needs a simple website.
For about $10 a month, you get these features
- Hosting, including a domain URL for a year (you can renew the URL when the year is up).
- The ability to add meta tags and descriptions to each page.
- An easy-to-use web content management system, with several customizable templates.
- Up to 100 email addresses for your domain.
- A WordPress blog hosted on your domain, should you choose to use it.
- Facebook and Twitter links.
- Easy YouTube video integration.
- E-commerce features (I don’t use these, myself),
I’ve used it for years, and I really like it. The one drawback is that your blog does not appear in the navigation when you use the Mac version of the content management system, and I would prefer that option.
Check out the websites I have built with Yahoo Small Business and please let me know if I can build an affordable website for you.