Your Marketing Strategy for 2012: How Much? How Often?
Posted by Mary Fletcher Jones
- Blog Posts: Once per week, or more frequently. No less than 12 per year (once per month).
- YouTube Videos: One per month, or more frequently. No less than 6 per year (every other month).
- Facebook Page Updates: Monitor daily and update once or twice a day, max. Try every other day. Schedule updates during evening hours and on weekends and holidays.
- Twitter Updates: Monitor daily and update one to five times a day (space tweets an hour apart). Suspend unrelated tweets during emergencies and disasters, breaking news events.
- Email Communications: One newsletter and one announcement/postcard per month, or no fewer than 6 email communications per year (every other month).
- Radio Advertising: Read this blog post on frequency and effectiveness and consult your ad rep.
- Newspaper Advertising: Run at least 6-8 display ad insertions, at minimum, over a 2 month period, and measure results. Consider weekly ads, and consult your ad rep.
- Postcard Mailings: Tie to events, which you may have every 4-6 weeks, for example.
About Mary Fletcher JonesMary Fletcher Jones is a public relations and marketing consultant, and owns Fletcher Prince (www.FletcherPrince.com). Follow Mary on Twitter @FletcherPrince.
Posted on December 21, 2011, in Marketing Tips, small business marketing tips, Social Media Tips and tagged Advertising, advertising frequency, community management tips, Facebook, marketing, social media, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.