How much do you know about YouTube and online video?
Posted by Mary Fletcher Jones
Here are some lesser-known recent statistics and research findings…
- Online video viewing increased 43% in the United States last year.
- YouTube views increased 25% last year.
- YouTube videos receive 4 billion views/day.
- More than 500 tweets/minute contain a YouTube link.
- Online video is 141 times more likely than a website to generate a “click-through” in search engine results.
- 72% of small businesses say YouTube is highly effective for marketing.
- 72% of senior congressional staffers think YouTube is somewhat/very important for communicating their members’ views
- YouTube is the second most used social media channel among Federal employees and Federal contractors.
- More than half of CEOs and senior executives watch a work-related YouTube video at least weekly.
- 65% of senior-level executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching an online video.
- 67% of senior-level executives said an online video influenced them to make a business-related purchase.
- 58% of journalists have YouTube accounts.
- 53% of journalists say online video makes a corporate website useful.
- 47% of charities are on YouTube.
- 86% of four-year colleges and universities have a YouTube Channel