Meet Washington’s emerging public relations leaders
Washington Women in Public Relations has announced the finalist for the 2012 Emerging Leaders Awards, which will take place this evening at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The award program recognizes area communicators who have made significant accomplishments and who are between the ages of 22 and 30.
Here is some information on the finalists. Good luck to all!
- Liz Bryan (@eebryan) is an Account Director with Spectrum (the DC agency that used to be called Spectrum Science Communication). Liz specializes in healthcare communications, and has worked in the field for about six years. At Spectrum, she has worked on accounts for Genentech and The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
- Olivia Doherty (@homiegcheesefry) is Director of Communications for The Hatcher Group, an agency that specializes in nonprofit clients. After working for a brief time as a reporter, Olivia has worked in nonprofit-related communications for about six years. She has held her position as Director for about three months. She has also served on the board of FAIR Girls, a nonprofit that seeks to prevent the exploitation of girls, for nearly three years.
- Laura Hornbuckle is an Account Supervisor with Edelman Public Relations.
- Jennifer Myers (@jennifermyersdc) also works for Edelman, but for their Strategy One division that focuses on market research, where she is the Research Director. She’s been working in public affairs for Fortune 500 clients and associations for about seven years. She’s also a fitness instructor at Gold’s Gym.
- Samantha Reho (@SamanthaReho) has worked in public affaris for the U.S. Army for three years, and is now a Strategic Communications Planner. She has been active in producing content for one of the Army’s blogs and for their social media outreach efforts.
- Jessica Stone (@jstone6341)has worked for the agency Gibraltar Associates for about four years, and she obtained her masters degree in communications, with a specialization in digital communications, this year. As Digital Media Specialist, Jess handles social media for Gibraltar.