$10B PR industry is thriving, according to the Holmes Report
The Holmes Report has released its ranking of the top 250 public relations firms, worldwide, in order of fee income. Here are some findings from the report.
Edelman, Weber-Shandwick and Fleishman Hillard are the top three public relations firms in the world. All three are based in the U.S. Edelman has more than 4,000 employees!
Nearly half of the firms on the list (45%) enjoyed double digit percentage growth in fees from 2010 to 2011. Only 8% posted losses, and most were minor. Five firms had triple digit percentage growth. The PR firm with the greatest growth was Fortune PR in Indonesia with 314% growth.
Here’s what some DC-area headquartered PR firms raked in (ranking in parentheses)
- APCO Worldwide (16) $120,701,000
- Levick Strategic Communications (99) $12,459,523
- Widmeyer (118) $10,600,000
- Spectrum Science (172) $5,800,000
- Gibraltar Communications (182) $4,918,650
- US PR Industry Revenue $13.4 Billion by 2017 (pamil-visions.net)