How many blog views a day should you be getting?
100 views per day is a respectable figure for daily views. Plenty of bloggers get more than that, such as bloggers who cover certain popular subjects.
The most views I have ever achieved in a single day for one blog was 2,463. Typically, I average about 100/day for Fletcher Prince. And it took me years to achieve this modest level!
The interesting thing is that the blog post of the day is not always the one driving views. In fact, out of 620 posts on the Fletcher Prince blog, about 10-15 of archived posts snag the most daily views.
I’ve got eight blogs besides this one. And yes, people visit my Halloween blog and my Christmas blog every day. Even in summer. I learn something from all of my blogs. It’s worthwhile to blog about your various interests or hobbies. It’s good writing practice and it can spur ideas for your business-oriented blog.
Even if you are not getting a lot of views, a blog conveys a lot of value for you and your business or nonprofit. But scanty daily views are not good. If you’re getting 15 or fewer views/day, you do need to try harder:
- Read ProBlogger for tips.
- Blog more frequently.
- Pick up on the news of the day and work it into your post.
- Write shorter posts.
- Add more tags and categorize your posts.
- Make it easy for people to follow and subscribe to your blog.
- Post links on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
If your content is good, you should see those numbers climb over time. Keep an eye on your stats, and set goals for your blog.
- Should your business start a blog? (fletcher-prince.com)
- 10 Words Every Successful Blogger Needs to Know (problogger.net)
- 8 Places You Should Promote Your Blog to Get More Readers (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- LinkedIn Launches Blogging Platform With Help From Obama, Romney (fastcompany.com)
- 25 Ways To Create A Killer Blog That Will Drive New Business Leads (simplyzesty.com)
- When is the Best Time to Publish Blog Posts? [Infographic] (hubspot.com)
- 10 Amazing Blogs About Blogging to Start Reading NOW (hubspot.com)
- Ask an Expert: Does the Length of Your Blog Post Really Matter? (blogs.constantcontact.com)