Sunshine Awards for Blogs
It’s truly gratifying when another blogger thinks your blog is worth reading! But when someone like Jay thinks your blog is decent, it’s humbling, because I aspire to be the kind of writer he is.
So, thank you, Jay!
To accept this award, I’m obliged to follow certain rules (see bel0w). I’m not one for awards, much, but I do like this way of showcasing blogs and discovering new ones.
Now, I’m supposed to tell seven facts about myself. What? Just seven? Why, I have more than seven blogs!
Oops, that was one. Now I only have six left. Rats. Okay.
- I wiggle my toes when I am happy.
- I don’t have pierced ears.
- I do not own a television, but I do watch Hulu and PBS online (I like Downton Abbey, Grimm, Nashville, and Scandal).
- I love to dance – I’ve taken ballet, jazz ballet, belly dancing, ballroom dancing, and Latin.
- I read my horoscope every day (I am a Pisces).
- My current challenges includes finding somewhere to live, finding the right school for my son, and deciding the course of my life. I don’t have good answers right now.
I would nominate Jay’s blog, but he has already been nominated. Also, I follow a lot of group blogs (like WWPR and PRSA), government blogs (like Fairfax County Emergency Services), news blogs (like CNN Security), and company blogs (like RP3). They are excellent, but I wanted to identify the blogs that had that kind of personal, individual identity and voice. I think that is the idea. So, here are ten other blogs I nominate:
- Ami Neiberger-Miller The PR Toolkit for Nonprofits
- Amanda Miller Littlejohn Mopwater + Media Notes
- Kate Perrin and Melanie Jordan PRofessional Solutions, LLC
- Ray Ortega The Podcaster’s Studio
- Ayanna Nahmias The Nahmias Cipher Report
- Deborah Brody Caffeinated Ideas and Views on Marketing Communications
- Leah Ibraheem Marketing and More
- Omawarisan Blurt
- Ann Bevans Ideabook
- Elizabeth Thalhimer Smartt Finding Thalhimer’s