93% of marketers are using online video now
Yes, you read that right! eMarketer just released the stats. 93% of marketers used video for online marketing, sales or communications in 2013, up from 81% in 2012.
Why has online video become so popular as a marketing tactic?
- It works like a voodoo charm.
- It’s unique and attention-getting.
- It is easier and less expensive to produce now than it once was.
- It plays well with others: email, ad campaigns, blogs, Facebook, websites, Twitter, and, of course, YouTube.
- And anyway you slice it, it looks pretty darn impressive.
Some of the most popular reasons marketers are turning to online video include explaining new products and services, generating sales leads, and increasing SEO, to name a few.
But what if you are still a newbie? How should you get started with online video for your company or nonprofit?
Well, in my opinion, when you are experimenting with a new marketing tactic, the best approach is to pick a low-risk project that may also be a bit fun. That doesn’t mean that you invest less than 100% in effort and planning. But while you are in the learning and experimental phase, pick something that is perhaps not critical to your marketing efforts.
That might be, for example, a holiday video, like a Thanksgiving message. It’s easy to do and it’s heart-felt. You can embed it in an email and send it to your clients or customers.
Now is an excellent time to start thinking, long-range, about your video marketing plans for 2014. I would love to have that conversation with you. And if you would like help with video production, we do that, too. Be aware that this study indicated that professionally produced video yields better marketing results than amateur productions. Our prices start at $1200/video with substantial discounts for multiple video packages. So let us lend a hand!
- Online Video Statistics That Show That Web Video Is The Next E-Marketing Frontier [Infographic] (business2community.com)