Posted by Mary Fletcher Jones
- Blog Posts: Once per week, or more frequently. No less than 12 per year (once per month).
- YouTube Videos: One per month, or more frequently. No less than 6 per year (every other month).
- Facebook Page Updates: Monitor daily and update once or twice a day, max. Try every other day. Schedule updates during evening hours and on weekends and holidays.
- Twitter Updates: Monitor daily and update one to five times a day (space tweets an hour apart). Suspend unrelated tweets during emergencies and disasters, breaking news events.
- Email Communications: One newsletter and one announcement/postcard per month, or no fewer than 6 email communications per year (every other month).
- Radio Advertising: Read this blog post on frequency and effectiveness and consult your ad rep.
- Newspaper Advertising: Run at least 6-8 display ad insertions, at minimum, over a 2 month period, and measure results. Consider weekly ads, and consult your ad rep.
- Postcard Mailings: Tie to events, which you may have every 4-6 weeks, for example.